ARTICLES OF FAITH
1. THE SCRIPTURES - We believe that the Bible is the Word of God. It is free from error in the original writings and has been preserved by God through the ages for our salvation and edification today. It is the complete and final revelation of the will of God to man and has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. THE TRUE GOD - We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
a.) God the Father - We believe in God the Father, perfect in holiness, boundless in love, infinite in wisdom, measureless in power. We believe that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayers and that He saves from sin and death, all who come to Him through Jesus Christ, His Son.
b.) God the Son - We believe in Jesus Christ, God the Son, preexistent with the Father, begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. We believe Him to be sinless in His nature and life, infallible in His teaching, making atonement for the sins of the world by His substitutionary death on the cross. We believe in His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, His perpetual intersession for His people and His glorious second advent according to His promise. We believe that the promise of His second coming, namely the personal return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, to rapture His church and then His return with His saints to set up His millennial reign.
c.) God the Holy Spirit – We believe in the deity and personality of the Holy Spirit. We believe that He came from God to convince and convict the world of sin, of righteousness and judgement and to regenerate, sanctify, indwell and comfort and empower those who believe in Jesus Christ.
3. MAN – We believe that mankind was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God. We believe that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and in the case of those who reach moral responsibility, become sinners in thought and deed by choice.
4. SATAN – We believe in the reality and personality of Satan. Satan is the open and declared enemy of God and man.
5. SALVATION – We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all, who by faith, received Him as their personal Savior, are justified on the ground of His blood shed on Calvary and His resurrection from the dead and are born-again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God. We believe all persons are called to salvation but we must accept the free gift of salvation that Jesus offers us for us to be saved.
6. ASSURANCE – We believe in the eternal security of the believer.
7. THE CHURCH – We believe in the true universal church, which is a company of believers in Jesus Christ, baptized on a credible confession of faith and associated for worship, word and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon this church the tasks of edification of the individual members of the local congregation and preaching the Gospel to all mankind. We believe that each local congregation is independent and autonomous and must be free from any interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority.
8. SCRIPTURAL ORDINANCES – We believe that God gave two ordinances for the local churches to perpetually observe:
a. The water baptism of believers, and
b. The Lord’s Supper.
9. CHRISTIAN LIVING – We believe that every saved person should manifest the Christ-life in a consistent walk in the Holy Spirit, fully and constantly yielding his members to the indwelling Christ, so that he may always be life and word, showing forth the praises of Him who has called him out of darkness and into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9). We believe in a separated life for all believers. A separated life allows the Holy Spirit to produce and grow the fruit of the Spirit in us as followers of Jesus (Galatians 5:22-26).
10. MARRIAGE – We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union as delineated in scripture (Genesis 2:18-25). Parkway Baptist Church will only conduct a marriage ceremony and will only recognize a marriage between a biological man and a biological woman.
This is an abbreviated version of our Statement of Faith. Please come and join us in worship and study to get a more complete understanding of our beliefs. We are a church that is seeking truth and a greater knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. If you seek the same, please join us that we may grow together.
Members of Parkway Baptist Church
© Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved